Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

More Red Martians

Ok,
I've finally managed to base all of my cephalods and I have started on my red martians.
All units are/will be based on  either 3x3 or 1.5 x3 cm 2mm thick MDF
Ok already! pictures or it didn't happen.
The Cephalods







The red martians


These are the first 2 units of swordsmen, they are a mixture of Rapier miniature codes SEA001, SEA002 and IND002.
I started with these as they didn't need much by way of conversions, just cut down the spears of the SEA002's and filed them flat and pointy so I could paint them as swords. I also filed down some of the feathered headdresses so I could paint them as helmets, all in all I'm quite happy with how they turned out.
Here's a piccie of everything so far

Thats it for now, if you liked this, stay tuned for more.
Next up will be a unit of Imperial guards armed with pole arms/spears (ASR001 no conversion), a unit of Imperial guards armed with rifles and pavises/shields (TRJ002 cut back the long spears and bent and filed them down to resemble a kind of musket) and a unit of regular riflemen(ASR001 and TRJ004 trimmed down and bent the bows to look like handguns or cut away the bows completely and rearmed with muskets made from the leftovers of the spears of TRJ002)
When these are finished I'm going to try to convert ASR005 Assyrian cavalry to Thoat mounted cavalry( oh boy, how do I keep getting myself into these things?)
Cheers,
Stroezie.

No comments:

Post a Comment